Five Tips for Finding a Professional Painting Contractor
With all the information we can gather about a company on the Internet, today more than ever it is easy to research local painting contractors in your area. Though don’t forget to utilize some “word of mouth” recommendations too.
1) Your local paint stores can supply you with several names of contractors who work in your area. Keep in mind though that the company’s that get recommended are generally the ones who buy the most paint.
2) Ask your network of family, friends, and coworkers who have a similar idea of quality that you do to refer a contractor they have used in the past.
3) Google it! Use keywords like “painting contractor, house painters, pressure washing, residential painters etc.” along with your county and state to see a list of painting contractors in your area.
4) Visit a contractor’s website. You can gain a lot of information on a contractor’s website like their license number, warranty information, services they offer, and a brief summary of the company. Most contractor sites also have photos and links to other social media sites. Review all this information before making a decision to call for an estimate. You should be evaluating based on how up-to-date the website is and its overall appearance. Viewing an outdated website with a lot of misspelled words and bad quality photos might be an indication of the care they take as professional painting contractors.
5) Does the contractor belong to any organizations like the Better Business Bureau? Click the link and see how many complaints they have had and review the nature of the complaint. Also, Google the company name and see what information comes up. Often times you will be directed to other social media sites and reviews on the Internet.
A lot of information can be found on the Internet and within your local network. Carefully review all the information and begin gathering estimates in order to make an informed decision.
Looking for an experienced, qualified, professional painting contractor in Lake County Florida? For more information visit http://www.qualityassurancepaintinginc.com or call 352-483-6915.
Would you like to receive free quarterly e-newsletters full of home improvement tips and special offers sent directly to your inbox? Join our list.
Share your ideas!
How have you gone about researching painting contractors in the past? Share your tips in the comments section below.